Bibingka is a type of rice cake native to the Philippines.
This is traditionally made from galapong (milled glutinous rice), coconut milk, margarine, and sugar.
3 whole eggs (fresh)
1-1/4 cups coconut cream
3/4 cups refined white sugar
4 tsp baking powder
2 cups glutinous rice flour
1 tbsp melted margarine
1. Put sugar in 1/2 of coconut cream, stir well till the sugar dissolved. Set aside
2. In mixing bowl, combine and mix well rice flour and baking powder, then sift in strainer.
3. Add the white sugar into the sifted flour mix. Combine well and pour slowly into the previously prepared coconut cream mixture (under step 1)
4. Add slowly the remaining coconut cream while continuously beating the mixture.
5. In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs well until light and thick. Add melted margarine.
6. Mix well then pour in the previously prepared flour mix (under step 4)
7. Lay banana leaves on 2 large round pans as lining (if banana leaves is unavailable, use tin foil or baking wax paper).
8. Pour the mixed ingredients into pans, spreading thinly and evenly.
9. Bake in preheated hot oven.
11. Sprinkle with white sugar and grated cheese as toppings
12. Slice like pizza and serve with siding of grated coconut (optional – to be spread on top immediately before eating)