How to make Cheese Bread:
Cheese bread is one of my favorite breads. With the many variations of cheese bread recipes on the internet your sure to find a favorite recipe here.
Cheese bread has become a real crowd-pleaser among many bread makers these days. With so many different kinds of cheeses and flavors, the choices seem endless. Cheese can be made from cows, goats, sheep and even from water buffalo milk. Creating different textures and flavors to help enhance any bread recipe. We hope you turn one of these cheese bread recipes into a family favorite.
1 package dry yeast
3 cups bread flour, divided
3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons mustard
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
1. In a large bowl dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
2. Let stand 5 minutes.
3. Add 1 cup flour, mustard, oil, salt, and pepper to the yeast mixture and stir until smooth.
4. Then add 1 3/4 cups flour and cheese.
5. Stir to form soft dough.
6. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
7. Knead until smooth and elastic.
8. Coat large bowl with cooking spray and place dough in bowl.
9. Flip dough to coat with spray.
10. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
11. Punch dough down and turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
12. Roll dough into a 14×7-inch rectangle.
13. Roll up rectangle tightly starting with a short edge, pressing firmly to eliminate air pockets and pinch ends to seal.
14. Place roll seam side down in a 9×5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
15. Cover and let rise 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
16. Preheat oven to 375º.
17. Uncover dough and bake at 375ºfor 35 minutes.
18. Remove from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.
Tip: If bread sticks to hands while forming dough, gradually sprinkle remaining flour on dough.