How to make Chicken Adobo:
Chicken adobo is one of the most popular of the Filipino dishes to hit the west. It is tasty and easy to prepare. Chicken Adobo, is a dish that is actually eaten on a regular basis in the Philippines, and with recipes passed down from generation to generation.
Although Chicken Adobo is a “standard” dish, you’re likely to find that unless you’re served it by the same cook, it can vary from family to family and restaurant to restaurant. Some make Chicken Adobo with a thicker, more prominent sauce, sometimes that sauce features tomatoes. Some people make it more like a double-fried chicken. We’ve provided a recipe that is very close to the traditional.
8 half-chicken breast
2 bay leaves
1 cup of fish sauce (patis)
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoon of white vinegar
1/4 regular-size onion
2 slices of fresh ginger
1. Remove the skin from all the chicken breast and rinse.
2. After rinsing, place them in pan.
3. Add 2 cloves of garlic and 2 slices of ginger.
4. Add the onion, bay leaves, soy sauce, white vinegar, and a couple drops of salt and pepper.
5. Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
6. Reduce heat to 150 degress and cook for another 20 minutes