Puto Maya is the classic Filipino rice cake traditionally made by steaming.
But since it is intensive work, you can modify to make a version in a rice cooker or pot.
2 cups sweet rice (malagkit)
1 1/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup grated fresh mature coconut or dessicated coconut
2 tbsp butter
2 1/4 cups water
1. Wash and rinse the sweet rice at least twice.
2. Add water and bring to a boil.
3. When the water has evaporated, lower the heat of the stove. Cook it for another 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Let it cool. Mix 3/4 cup of white sugar and butter to the sweet rice mixture.
5. Shape the sweet rice mixture into small balls of around 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
6. Roll the puto maya balls in the remaining sugar and then on grated or dessicated coconut.