How to make Torta Bisaya:
Torta Bisaya is quite a popular baked product in Cebu and all of Visayas.
Torta’s secret is the use of tuba, I’ve been putting off making this particular treat especially since it is so cholesterolific
5 cups all-purpose flour
20 egg yolks
3 cups sugar
1-1/2 cups cooking oil
a pinch of anise
1 cup tuba
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Pour the tuba into the flour. Add the salt. Mix well.
2. Add the sugar gradually into the egg yolks while beating well.
3. Add the oil. Blend well.
4. Put the mixture into a pan lined with paper and greased with butter or oil. Add anise.
5. Wait for 7 hours before baking (to allow the batter to rise). However, if the weatheris cold, wait for 8 hours before baking.
6. Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit until cake tests done.