How to make Pancit Palabok:
Pancit Palabok is a distinct Filipino recipe and is one of the varieties of pancit; sometimes referred to as pancit luglug. In English, palabok means garnished or spiced. It consists of rice noodles, thick sauce, and a variety of toppings.
Palabok Noodles and Sauce:
1/4 kilo miki noodles
1/4 cup annatto seeds
1/4 cup shrimps
4 tablespoons flour or cornstarch
Hard boiled egg; sliced
Fried garlic; minced
Tinapa flakes (smoked fish)
Pork chicharon; grounded
Spring onions; chopped
Shrimps; boiled and shelled
Lemon or kalamansi; sliced
1. Place the annatto seeds in 1/4 cup water for 30 minutes. Mash the seeds and set aside the annatto water. Discard the seeds.
2. Remove the shells and heads of the shrimps. Pound and mash in 2 cups of water. Drain the shrimp juice and set aside.
3. Combine the annatto water, shrimp juice, and flour. Bring to boil and season with fish sauce. Stir constantly to produce a thick sauce. Set aside.
4. Place noodles in a strainer. Dip in boiling water until tender. Drain well and set aside in a platter.
5. Pour the sauce over the noodles. Garnish with toppings. Serve hot!