Sweet and Spicy Shrimp tastes real nice and goes well with either fried rice or steamed rice.
I also consider this Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe quick to prepare.
1 kg Fresh Shrimp
3 tsp ginger, minced
4 glove garlic, minced
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp chopped birds eye chili (labuyo)
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp celery, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp cooking oil (Canola) (alternative: butter)
2 tsp white wine (optional)
1. Create a marinade by combining soy sauce, tomato ketchup, sugar, and white wine in a mixing bowl. Mix and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Sauté ginger then add garlic and cooked until brown.
3. Add the shrimp and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until color turn to orange.
4. Pour the marinade, celery, and chili. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve hot.