Skinless Longganisa is widely available in most supermarkets and wet markets. Even the skinless variety is not difficult to find.
But the way commercial longganisa is seasoned does not always agree with me. I prefer buying them from the provinces where flavors are more distinct. Otherwise, there is always that option of making skinless longganisa at home.
1 kilo ground pork, 10% fat
1 tablespoon rock salt (or 1 1/2 teaspoon fine salt)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground.
1. Blend all the above ingredients.
2. Roll a small amount of the pork mixture in a 4 1/2 inches x 3 inches wax paper
3. Store in the freezer for 3 hours or until ready to cook.
4. When ready to cook, heat oil in a wok or frying-pan.
5. Unwrap the sausages and fry in batches in hot oil until fully cooked.
6. Drain on paper towels.
7. Garnish with spring onion, if desired, and served with rice and tomatoes or Garlic-Vinegar Dip. These sausages can also be frozen until needed.