Fettuccine Alfredo, so simple, but so so good.
Did you know that the original fettuccine Alfredo sauce didn’t use cream? Just butter, Parmesan, and black pepper. Both are great, whether you make one or the other just depends on what you feel like eating.
1 lb fettucine
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
2 1/2 cups light cream or half and half
1/2 teaspoon pepper
pinch of salt
1. Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt when water is boiling.
2. Add fettucine. Cook uncovered 10-12 minutes (or according to package directions). Drain; cover and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, melt butter. Saute chopped garlic over medium heat for 1 minute.
4. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cream or half and half (half and half = half milk/half cream).
5. Cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. When hot, stir in fettucine. Add remaining cream or half and half, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
6. After 1-2 minutes, when pasta is hot, serve accompanied by extra cheese for sprinkling, if desired.