How to make Miki Bihon:
Miki Bihon is a noodle dish which consists of two different noodles which is Miki and Bihon. Miki or Shanghai noodles an egg noodle variant is the thicker of the two and bihon a rice noodle variant is the thin one.
This recipe is nearly similar to Pancit Bihon and the difference is the addition of and secondary noodle type which is the Miki Noodles. By mixing two different noodle types it gives a different dimension to the texture of the regular noodle dish.
100g Pancit bihon noodles
300g Pancit miki noodles
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups cooked Chicken Breast, shredded
1 white onion, sliced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 carrot, sliced
20 pcs french beans, julienned
3 cups bean sprouts
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 lemon, sliced
1. Soak bihon noodles in water for a maximum of 10 minutes. This makes it soft and easier to handle when cooking.
2. Now using a wok, add oil and sauté garlic and onions using medium heat.
3. Add french beans and carrots then stir fry for 2 more minutes. Remove from wok then set aside.
4. Add the chicken broth and shredded chicken bring to a boil.
5. Once boiling add the miki noodles and soy sauce, stir fry for 3 minutes. Now add the bihon noodles and stir fry for 5 more minutes.
6. Add the vegetables back in the wok together with the bean sprouts then stir fry for a 2 more minutes.
7. Season with Fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.