How to make Guacamole:
Guacamole, a dip made from avocados, is originally from Mexico. The name is derived from two Aztec Nahuatl words – ahuacatl (avocado) and molli (sauce).
The trick to perfect guacamole is using good, ripe avocados. Check for ripeness by gently pressing the outside of the avocado. If there is no give, the avocado is not ripe yet and will not taste good. If there is a little give, the avocado is ripe. If there is a lot of give, the avocado may be past ripe and not good. In this case, taste test first before using.
Good for 4-6 persons. Preparation time is 1 hour. Cooking time is 10 minutes.
6 ripe avocados
25 ml fresh lime juice
1 fresh green chilli
1 clove garlic
1 small brown onion
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
salt to taste
1. Cut the avocados in half,remove the stones and scoop out the pulp.
2. Chop the onion and chilli very finely and crush the garlic.3
3. Place into a mixing bowl,add the lime juice,coriander,cayenne pepper and salt and blend thoroughly.
4. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
5. Serve as a dip with tortilla chips.