Malunggay Corn Soup Recipe produces a healthy soup dish composed of shredded white corn and malunggay (Moringa) leaves.
The health benefits of the soup produced from this Corn and Malunggay Soup Recipe comes from the malunggay leaves. Previously called “poor man’s” vegetable, malunggay leaves have been discovered to possess incredible health benefits. Because of the countless benefits that can be derived from the leaves and fruit, the tree has now been dubbed as the “miracle tree”.
2 cups white corn, shredded
1 small onion, chopped
1 glove garlic, minced
1 pc small patola sliced
3 cups water
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup malunggay leaves
1. Saute the garlic and onion.
2. Add water and bring to a boil.
3. Add the shredded corn and continuously stir until cooked.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. When cooked, add patola and malunggay leaves.
6. Simmer for few more minutes until patola is tender.